Where is the school located?

The Charles A. Jones Career & Education Center is located at 5451 Lemon Hill Avenue in Sacramento and is easily accessible from the 47th Avenue access to Highway 99. The school is one-half block west of Stockton Boulevard which offers regular bus service.


What is career training?

Career training programs at the Charles Jones Career & Education Center provide job training for adults who are then prepared to enter the fields of electronics, medical, nursing, business, automotive and court reporting.

Students from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds attend the Charles Jones Career & Education Center to take advantage of a wide selection of career technical and academic programs.


Who can take classes?

Classes are open to anyone 18 years of age or older and has a high school diploma or equivalent who is committed to making a positive change in their life by training for an in-demand career.


When are classes offered?

Most classes start every six weeks and some classes start every other six weeks. Please check the online program schedule for details.


What are CAJ health occupations Programs?

Charles A. Jones Career and Education Program offers four nationally accredited Health Occupations Programs:

Medical Assistant

Nurse Assistant Training

Pharmacy Technician

Vocational Nursing

CAJ also offers Nursing Board approved Vocational Nursing Pre-requisite courses.

Click on your program of interest for more information.


What is the student enrollment process for classes and programs?

Adults who are interested in attending any of the courses offered at the Charles Jones Career and Education Center must attend an orientation. During the orientation, potential students are given an overview of program offerings, school policies and an introduction to the various community partners who provide a valuable support system for our students. Students are given the opportunity to discuss the program with instructors and coaches, visit the classrooms if requested and ask questions specific to the program area.

After this orientation, the students are given an assessment test (basic reading and math).


Where do I purchase my books?

CAJ has books available for purchase in the main office.  You may also purchase your books through any online vendor provided you use the correct ISBN number for the same edition.  Textbooks may be purchased used. However, study guides and workbooks MUST be purchased new without markings of any kind.


What is the cost for the programs?

Career Training Programs vary in cost. Please check the individual program information in our online program catalog for details. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Please visit the Financial Aid Office for further information.


Where can I find student information and policies for CAJ?

Policies are in our catalog and every student registering at CAJ is issued a student handbook at the time of registration. It is the responsibility of each student to fully read the handbook which includes all student information and policies for the Charles A. Jones Career and Education Center.


How can I get a copy of my transcript?

You can get a copy of your transcript by printing out and completing the Academic Transcript Request form and bringing it in to our office along with the $20.00 processing fee payable in the form of cash, money order, cashier’s check, Visa, or Mastercard. You can also mail in the form with your payment. However, only money orders or cashier’s checks are accepted for requests by mail. For requests with no processing fees you may fax in the completed form along with a copy of your photo ID.


GED Transcripts (1990-present)
Where do I go?

Official GED transcripts can be obtained from the official GED testing agency which changed on January 1, 2014.  The web address is:  http://www.gedtestingservice.com/ged-testing-service For GED transcripts prior to 1990, you must contact the test center where you took your final test.


How do I file a complaint?

The current procedures for filing a complaint can be found in the CAJ Student Handbook which is available on our school website.  You can also obtain a current student handbook from the main school office.

You can find information translated into other languages at the following website:   https://www.scusd.edu/post/annual-uniform-complaint-procedure-ucp-notification-letters